Our Bradley Method Class students in October-December 2017: It was a full class as Angelyn is only allowed to take in 8 couples in a class at one time.
Bradley Method of Natural Childbirth Courses with Angelyn
The Bradley Method® teaches you how to have an amazing natural childbirth with the help of a husband coach or doula, also known as Husband-Coached Childbirth. The method was founded by Dr. Robert Bradley, believing that childbirth is a natural process, encouraging mothers to trust their bodies while focusing on nutrition and exercise throughout pregnancy.
Couples learn to manage labour using the Bradley Method® through breathing and various relaxation techniques. Dr Bradley found that with his very low rate of cesarean surgeries (only 3.6%), the mothers and babies were healthier and had more positive outcomes.
In Singapore, more than 90% of our couples who attend the full series of classes are able to birth completely drug free without any pain medications and some even have orgasmic births.
Every series of Bradley Method® classes consists of 12 lessons of content. The classes are all very interactive and there is a lot of hands-on practice for everyone. Husbands or Partners are to attend all the classes with their wives or pregnant partner.
Left to Right: Angelyn Seet-Loh, Proud Parents-Vivien and Nurul Le Masson, Dr Paul Tseng carrying newborn baby Mathis at Thomson Medical Centre. (May 2016)
Our group classes in Singapore are experiencing over 90% success rate for a natural drug free birth. We highly recommend Dr Paul Tseng for all first time parents. He was our chosen obstetrician, when we had our second child in Singapore. Left to Right: Shiyun, Angelyn, Algy in 2017
Bradley Method Courses in Singapore
Saturdays 9am to 12pm
Tree of Life Birth
15 Tham Soong Avenue Singapore 597031
Classes usually consist of 2 to 4 couples and cost $795 per couple. This includes The Bradley Method® Student Workbook and access to our library of books and media. Each session consist of 2 classes worth of content, so there are 6 sessions as follows:
1) Session 1 (Classes 1 & 2: Exercise and nutrition/ Tense relax technique, Progressive relaxation)
2) Session 2 (Classes 3 & 4: Partner’s Role and Pregnancy/ Massage techniques)
3) Session 3 (Classes 5 & 6: First and Second Stage Labour/ Labour rehearsal)
4) Session 4 (Classes 7 & 8: Birth plans and birthing scenarios/ Positive expectations)
5) Session 5 (Classes 9 & 10: Advanced first and second stage techniques / Floating on a cloud, Relaxing colour relaxation)
6) Session 6 (Classes 11 & 12: Caring for your new family – newborn care and breastfeeding, featuring Happiest baby on the block and Dunstan baby language / Sensory recall, relaxing on a beach)
Due to the limited places for the group series, classes do fill up fast so please book early to save a spot. If the need arises, we may be able to start an additional class on request at a different timing (for example- same dates but at a different timing), so please do not hesitate to ask. Feel free to call us for a chat to discuss your needs. We are also available via SMS texting, Whatsapp messaging and email. If you are located overseas, we may be able to arrange a Zoom or Whatsapp video chat session with you.